It's only with the HEART one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eyes.
真正重要的东西是肉眼无法看见的,只有用心灵才能看清事物的本质。
~Le Petit Prince, novel by Antoine de Saint Exupery~

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Santa Claus

On this CHRISTMAS, I do receive many blessing sms from friends. But, one of the friend's sms is quite special for me. He reminds me about a story...... He hopes that I can make wishes in time so that Santa Claus can help me to realise all the wishes that I have made.

Yes, it is all about the story of Santa Claus......

When I was still a child, I used to place my stocking next to me on my bed in the night of CHRISTMAS. Actually, I was told to do so by my father. According to him, a man with sacks named 'Santa Claus' would come to me and place a small gift in my stocking in the midnight of CHRISTMAS. I believed in him. So, I followed what he said. He was true! I found a small gift next to me on my bed when I wake up in the next morning. Since after that, I placed my stocking next to me on the bed for every CHRISTMAS night. But, when I checked for the gift in the next morning, there was nothing inside or outside my stocking. Where was the Santa Claus? He had forgotten me? How could it be? Where did he live? I wanted to find him... All those thoughts kept crossing in my mind.

Till one day, the truth about Santa Claus was revealed...

Santa Claus is based on a real person named St Nicholas. He was a Christian leader from Myra in the 4th century AD. He was very shy and wanted to give money to poor people without letting them knowing about it. It is said that one day, he climbed the roof of a house and dropped a purse of money down the chimney. It landed in the stocking which a girl had put to dry by the fire! This may explain the belief that Santa Claus comes down the chimney and places gifts in children's stockings.

Ohh... My father is that Santa Claus. He is my Father Christmas.







No comments:

Post a Comment